Lighting the world, one cup at a time




Hey guys!!

I hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving.
Also, happy December!!! The year has gone by so quick.

Due to Thanksgiving break, our area was closed. We spent most of the week working in Ann Arbor at the U of M. Let's just say that I was feeling trunky for Eastern Michigan haha.

It was still a great week!!! We have felt SO much happiness.

We weren't able to make much progress in our finding, but we did have a lot of good experiences with those we are already working with.

V is doing so well! She is progressing and is so excited for her baptism! The big day is this Saturday at 11am!!!! She went to Thanksgiving in Florida and faced some opposition from her extended family. But she handled the situation by sharing her testimony of things she knows to be true. Her aunt is from Slovakia and was actually super interested in the gospel! She even hooked her up with a church building in Slovakia.

Our friend K is doing well. We taught her this morning and it was an awesome lesson. At the end, K prayed out loud for the first time! It was a beautiful prayer and the spirit was so strong. Teaching people to pray is one of my favorite things about being a missionary. I am so grateful for the gift of prayer and the blessing it is for us! There is nothing better than direct communication with Heaven.

One of the best things that happened this week was C's baptism!!!!!! I taught C at the end of my time in Ann Arbor, and he decided the week of his baptism not to go through with it. Well....the sisters continued to work with him, and he got baptized. We got permission to attend and it was such a happy day! He has made so much progress and has a new light in his eyes. I am SO happy for him!
This week in my studies I came across a very simple scripture in Mosiah. It says: "Yea, and as often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me." 

I love that verse! I have such a strong testimony of repentance. There is nothing you could ever do that would be unforgiveable. Heavenly Father doesn't turn away from us. We turn away from him. He loves us no matter what!! 

We can return to Heavenly Father because of repentance. I love it and I am so thankful for it.

There is one other bit of a verse I'd like to share with y'all. It says: "He remembereth every creature of his creating, he will make himself manifest unto all."
I testify that's true. Heavenly Father loves you. You are his child. It's impossible for him to forget you.

Have a fabulous week.

Love you all!

Sister Sedlacek

P.S. we had a good time handing out hot chocolate at the U of M football game #lighttheworld 

Comments