I get to cross being a Salvation Army Bell Ringer off my bucket list!






Hey hey hey everybody!

I hope everything is going well for each of you and that you are seeing success in all you're doing! :)

My week was kind of insane for some reasons, hard for others, and really good all at the same time!

Sister Soderborg is going home this week. She has some health issues that need to be worked out at home before she can continue her service here. She is hoping to do a service mission. I will be getting a new companion and it will be interesting to see who it will be! I'm grateful for the short time we were able to serve together! She is a great missionary!

L is my favorite human being. Like I swear she's already a member! We taught her about the law of chastity and the Word of Wisdom and she accepted it like it was nothing. She even made the comment; "you're preaching to the choir here. Those things make perfect sense". She came to church again this week and she absolutely loved it! Because of her radiation treatment, we felt very strongly that her date needed to be moved to the 15th of December. That's what we are planning on and she talks about it all the time! She is SO excited and prays in gratitude everyday for the opportunity.
Seriously?! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I've had to get to know her and to teach her. She is amazing!!!
Also her 5 yr old son and I are bffs. He's adorable:)

F and J are a sad story :(. We had a lesson with them on Monday that went super well! The whole time, they were exclaiming about how they were feeling the spirit and how they were so excited to be baptized on the 22nd. Our next lesson was scheduled for Wednesday and they cancelled for an unknown reason. Ever since then, we have had zero contact. They have pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. We officially dropped them last night after trying almost every day to get hold of them again:/ I'm just trusting that now isn't their time, but one day it will be!!

Last night we did get permission to watch the first presidency devotional. I loved it!!! Especially President Nelson's talk. I like how he explained that the 4 gifts we've been given are: love, forgiveness, repentance, and life everlasting. Our mission has a baptism goal of 240 for this year. We have to get 25 more during the month of December in order to reach the goal... one of the big focuses has been on praying for charity and Love. I liked when President Nelson said "Ask for help in loving those who YOU need to love". Since coming out on my mission, I've gained a testimony of the importance of loving people. When we do our best as disciples of Christ to love those around us, they will be able to feel of Christ's love through us. How cool is that?
If you aren't already, i would invite you to pray for charity and love! It will change everything you do in the best way.

We are doing a lot of trying to find others who are prepared. We testified and invited 83 of Heavenly Father's children this week and we've found some potentials. We have appointments this week so hopefully it works out! Please pray that we will be able to find the others who are prepared!

We had some fun things this week:
I can officially cross being a Salvation Army bell ringer off of the bucket list;) it's actually super fun and I never realized how much money those people bring in. Like dang hahaha. We will be doing it twice a week up until Christmas!

We also got to go on exchanges this week. I left our area and went to U of M campus with Sister Rhoades. It was SO fun!!!! Sister Rhoades was one of the sisters I connected with on Instagram during the summer so it was super fun to meet in person. We are praying to be companions one day haha. We worked so hard all day and it was amazing. It's days like that, that make me feel I could do this for the rest of eternity haha. We testified and invited 40 people, we taught an atheist on the spot, gave him a book of Mormon, and committed him to read it!
We also taught the restoration to another and put her on date for baptism! She accepted a date for the 22nd. I'm super excited for her, for Sister Rhoades and Sister Larsen.

One of my favorite things about being a missionary is the time we have set aside everyday to study the scriptures and doctrines. My testimony has grown so much from this!
This week I've learned that the "straight and narrow" path is "straight and narrow" for a reason. You have to work to stay on it. How do we stay on the path? The answer to that question is outlined in 5 simple steps; Faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. I like to imagine these words as steps on a staircase. The stairway of the gospel is one that we climb and fall down every single day. The only reason we can do it every. single. day. is Christ. His divine mission is to help us gain eternal life and HIS JOY comes from OUR faith.

I'm grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm grateful that he was born in a humble stable years and years ago all so that we can experience peace, happiness, love, forgiveness, and joy.
The light the world campaign is in full swing and I would encourage each of you to participate! There are a lot of gifts given at Christmas, but the BEST gift you could ever give is the light of Jesus Christ. And it's free:) post on social media, give out a passalong card, help a stranger put their groceries away, study the scriptures and grow in your faith. Do the things that Christ would do and let him work through you!

Have a lovely week and #lighttheworld
Let me know if you or your family needs specific prayers!! :)

Love you all!

Sister Sedlacek 


Comments